I’ve been nominated by Kristen Mattson (@mrskmattson) for the coveted Sunshine Award. Thanks Kristen. This gives me something to do just before school starts on Monday. I did something very similar not too long ago but it didn’t have a cool name yet. I guess that I should give it another go. (Kristen, I hope you don’t mind the copy and paste from your blog.)
Here is how it works.
- Acknowledge the nominating blogger.
- Share 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions the nominating blogger has created for you.
- List 11 bloggers: they should be bloggers you believe deserve some recognition and a little blogging love!
- Post 11 questions for the bloggers you nominate
- Let those 11 bloggers know they have been nominated. (You cannot nominate the blogger who nominated you.)
11 random facts about me:
- I just discovered yesterday that I love fresh cherries. They don’t taste anything like the flavorings in processed foods.
- I prefer extra crunchy peanut butter.
- I collect scrapbooking supplies. I always plan to use them, but then I don’t.
- I have 3 pairs of shoes — a pair of pumps, a pair of loafers and a pair of sneakers.
- Owl is my favorite character on Winnie the Pooh.
- I prefer salty crunchy over sweets.
- I have started walking The Swamp (Home of the Florida Gators). Next week we start stadiums. Have mercy!
- I don’t like getting pedicures. (It tickles and I giggle. Not a pretty sight in public.)
- I wish I could take better pictures.
- I love watching my tiger barbs.
11 Questions from Kristen:
1. 1:1 or BYOD? Why?
I would be happy with either. I just wish more of my students had access to technology.
2. What is one edtech tool you couldn’t live without and why?
The one edtech tool I couldn’t live without would be my video projector because it opens the possibilities in my one computer classroom.
3. What is something new you want to learn this year?
I want to learn how to drive a motorcycle.
4. What is the top item on your educational “bucket list”?
I think that at some point I would like to get my master’s degree. I’m not sure what I want to be when I grow up.
5. Fondest memory/moment as a teacher?
There are tons of great moments after 23 years of teaching. All the a-ha moments pile up. My fondest moment happened when John told me he was graduating with honors. I don’t want to go into details but let’s just say that John is one of my heroes in the classroom.
6. What is your best blog post? Why do you love it so much?
My best blog post is Teaching is a two way street. I love it because it is my first. It started me on the road to here.
7. Which one of you blog posts has had the most views? Why do you think that is?
Can I borrow your map? was my most viewed post. I believe it was my most viewed because I discussed Genius Hour and had links to all my resource people. I was really excited about that post.
8. Tell us about the person in your workplace that you can always count on for support.
I am very blessed to work with many wonderful people that support me everyday. We are a team.
9. Did you make a New Year’s Resolution? Tell us about it!
I did not make a resolution. But, I did choose a word. Acceleration. This is my year to get moving. Time to kick it into gear.
10. Favorite board game?
Dr. Who Monopoly. It’s Dr. Who and Monopoly together. Enough said.
11. What was your reaction when you were nominated for the Sunshine Award?
My first thought was “How am I going to come up with 11 more random things about me?”. I am honored that Kristen thought of me. Thanks for the encouragement.
11 Bloggers you should love…(because they all brought sunshine into my world!)
- Dennis Dill (@DennisDill)
- Joseph Edison (@josephedison)
- Allison Hogan (@allisonhoganesd)
- Chuck Maddox (@cmaddoxjr)
- Gregory Taylor (@mathtans)
- Justin Aion (@justinaion)
- Julie Reulbach (@jreulbach)
- Jeff Brenneman (@brennemania)
- Melissa Lim (@actionhero)
- Paul Solarz (@PaulSolarz)
- Sarah Thomas (http://sarahdateechur.blogspot.com/)
Your mission should you choose to accept it. Answer these 11 questions.
- What is your favorite subject/grade level? Why?
- What is your preference cheese or pepperoni?
- What made you want to teach/work with children?
- What made you start blogging?
- If you were able to go back through time and give yourself a piece of advice, what would it be?
- What one movie should NEVER be remade? Why?
- What was the last book you read? Would you recommend it to others?
- What would your ideal classroom look like?
- What is your favorite app? Why?
- Who is your hero? Why?
- Who was your favorite teacher? Why?