I have become a tweep (a person that connects to others through Twitter). I have found many resources both for my own professional development and for my personal use. I thought I would share my favorites here. (Note: All times are in EST.)
- #Edumatch — Used to connect teachers around the world. Check it out at edumatch.education
- #edchat — While there are several scheduled chats using this tag, it has become synonymous with general conversation about education of all levels.
- #edtechchat — Used to connect all teachers interested in Educational Technology. Chat scheduled for Mondays at 8pm.
- #ruraledchat — Used to connect teachers from rural areas. Discusses issues specific to rural schools. Tuesdays at 8:30pm
- #weirded — Moderated by @TheWeirdTeacher. This chat helps us have fun in the twitterverse. Wednesdays at 10pm.
- #christianeducators — A chat designed to bring like minded educators together for spiritual uplifting. Thursdays at 9pm.
- #satchat — Used to connect educators on Saturday mornings at 7:30am.
- #sunchat — Used to connect educators on Sunday mornings at 9am.
- #BFC530 — A “spark” chat that lasts 15 min. and has only 1 question. It is a thought provoking way to start the day.
- #msmathchat — Used to connect Middle School Math Teachers across the country. Chat scheduled for Mondays at 9pm.
While these hashtags are Country/State/Province specific, all chats welcome members from around the globe.
- #FLedChat — Used to connect Florida Educators. — Chat scheduled for Wednesdays at 8pm.